If Sustainable Living is the new Buzz Word for this Millenium then Going Green is its bastard child.
There is no question that if we are to continue to exist on this planet; with a modicum of comfort-ability; something must change. We need a new attitude to produce a New Earth.
Thinking about Solar and Alternative Energy sources give most folks a headache. And the idea of Going Green in your home can be both daunting and expensive if you face the task without solid advice and guidance.
Herein lies the dilemma: Most people support the idea of saving the planet, but have no clue sd to how to implement the changes necessary to Go Green.
For you who are over tired, over taxed and over it all, we provide the top fifteen things they can do to move boldly and confidently into a Green lifestyle:
- Adopt one Green Living practice per month.
- Think globally – buy locally!
- Take advantage of natural light whenever possible.
- It’s not that hard to build one.
- Use natural flooring but do consider carpet tiles which are easy to replace where there’s damage and have a longer life than roll carpet.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs. The quickest way you can save energy is just to swap out your light bulbs.
- If you can, use your own cloth bags; even better!
- Service your HVAC system at least every two years and replace filters with each season.
- For every chemical, there is a natural alternative.
- In the summer, shut down your drier and hang your clothes on a line. Nature smells better!
- Plan your driving trips carefully; make them linear.
- Grow your own. Plant a garden!
- Don’t throw it away… donate it!
- Lower your water use by lowering your flushing!
- Recycle cans. Recycle plastic. Recycle paper. Recycle your mind. Just recycle!
And there you have it! There is so much more that you can do, but we can begin here and move forward towards A New Earth!